How to Sell a Structured Settlement
If you come to a point in your life when selling your structured settlement sounds like a good idea, then it’s time for you to educate yourself on when you should sell it and how you should do it. Having the information you need at hand, will help with the process to make the transaction become smoother and give you a chance to create a most advantageous result.
Why Should I Sell My Structured Settlement?
Selling your structured settlement or annuity may give you the chance to correct the problems that face you or an opportunity to enjoy your future. You shouldn’t sell you settlement for just any reason, but there are times when having access to a large lump sum will benefit you more than if you receive payments stretched over many years. You should sell you structured settlement for:
- Your Home – The yearly or bi-yearly payment may not be enough to save your home from foreclosure and selling your settlement may provide you with the cash you need. Or, perhaps you want to buy a new home. Or, make repairs on the one you already own. Having access to a large lump sum can help you with many different dilemmas.
- A Business – you may already own a business that needs an infusion of cash to help it grow or you may wish to start a new one or invest in one with someone else.
- College – It’s time for you to invest in the future, yours or someone you loves. Having access to a large lump sum will give you a chance to seize more exciting opportunities.
- Debts – You may have been left with large hospital or rehabilitation bills. Having a lump sum will help you avoid foreclosures, elevate financial burdens, and protect your credit score.
- Marriage – Regardless of whether you’re starting one or ending one, you may need to have all your incoming money all at one time
- Investments – Having the money available to invest allows you to take it to the next level and make it work for you. Having the control of the money that belongs to you will give you a chance to seize opportunities as they present themselves.
Now, if you find yourself asking, “How can I sell my payment?” Read further. You’ll find the advice given here that can be very useful.
Not everyone understands the process of selling a structured settlement. That’s why it’s so very important to do some research before jumping the gun and signing over your annuity.
Tips to Help You Make Money Off Selling Your Annuity
Here are some tips that can help you sell your structured settlement:
- Once you have chosen to sell and have investigated all of the reasons as to when you should, begin the process by checking out various companies who trade cash for your settlement.
- Contact the company of your choice and talk to a knowledgeable representative about selling your structured settlement. Get them to answer any questions you may have encountered in the process.
- Always read the fine print. Anytime you begin a new endeavor, make sure not to rush towards the close. You should always be able to reach the company easily throughout the process (and after you have completed it.)
- Book a court date to get a judge’s approval for your sell. You will need to show the judge your reason for seeking the sell when you see him.
Now that you know what’s involved with selling your structured settlement, you can determine whether or not it’s necessary to do so. Keep in mind that you want to get the most money you can from your structured settlement or annuity.Call Us Today
3 Reasons Why a Judge May Deny Sale You complete and file the paperwork requesting to sell your structured settlement annuity and then wait patiently for your court date. Rather...
So, you have a settlement and you’re getting monthly payments. Although that’s a really good thing financially, there will come a time where your needs will be greater than the...
Even though payments on a structured settlement have been coming in, there is a good possibility that you’re going to need to borrow against it right away. For many...